Women are Thinkers. ..!!
A woman simply cannot understand what her body is going through. There are so many changes that happen throughout her life span. Due to her all day work professionally and personally they forget to take care of her body and yes of course mind also. Women should realise the risk and ask her these questions-
Women think too much about things, that they sometimes forget themselves
- Am I eating healthy?
- Am I getting enough exercise?
- Am I logging about 7-9 hours of sleep per night?
- Am I stressed and tired a lot nowadays? What does wellness and being healthy mean?
- Is there anything that is wrong with my body related to joints, heart, thyroid etc?
- Am I up-to-date with my necessary screenings?
- Now-a-days there are so many problems in day-to-day life of a women, and because of negligence it leads to health problems like osteoporosis, thyroid problems, heart disease, overweight, gynaecology problems, cancer most common breast and cervix cancer, diabetes, etc.
To avoid these problems start giving priority to your body. There are few things that can be done to maintain your health.
- Never skip meals: skipping meals will reduce blood sugar level and metabolism speed will become slower and our body goes into fat storage mode which in turn increases the body weight.
Skipping meals can deteriorate your health
- Healthy and balanced meals: Meals should consist of carbohydrates, protein, fat, vitamins and minerals in proper amounts in order to maintain the metabolic rate which directly takes care of fat storage in your body. What is necessary to keep portions of food in check. Quantity of food and quality of food is directly depends on health.
Healthy and Balanced Diet is very important for a good health
- Drink more water: Drinking water is not a new recommendation but it is an important one and for good reason too. Drinking water helps in hydrating your skin, reduces rates of long term weight gain, reduce chances of heart disease. 7-8 glasses of water a day is sufficient.
Hydration : Really essential for your body
- Sleep longer: Getting to bed earlier is the best policy. Body is tend to seek out food whilst awake, thus a longer time spent awake adds up to more food consumed. So in case you need to lie for a little longer sleep don’t worry it’s for your best.
8 – 10 Hour sleep maintains your good body and brain functions
- Exercise: As a healthy meal is necessary so is physical activity to balance the extra weight you gain. Small physical activity like walking to a grocery store, using stairs, etc. Choose a physical activity like yoga, walking, gym, for your fitness and do it on regular base which helps in reducing weight, reduce cholesterol levels, maintaining sugar levels.
Exercise is one of the most important aspect of being healthy
- Screening: Most important! Cholesterol check, pap smear and pelvic exam for cervical cancer, mammograms which screens breast cancer, bone density for osteoporosis, blood glucose for diabetes, body mass index for obesity, thyroid test. Women must learn how to respect your body as though it were a precious creation and how much valuable it is. Trust your body messages and take possible actions immediately to prevent any complications in future.
35+ women should be screened regularly
I read these lines written by a Ethopian women, Bo-ga-letch Gebre– “ What is good for women is good for the entire community, and what is bad for women is bad for the entire fabric of society. Because women are mothers, care givers, health care consumers, meal providers and decision makers, they are connectors- they are fabric of society”.
Be healthy! Be happy! More Power to all The Women. ..!!
Dr. Lopa Rathod (PT)
Contributed By :
Dr. Lopa Rathod (PT)
Physiotherapist and Ergonomic Consultant
Kindly Like. Share. Subscribe. Our Blog.
You Think You can Write/Contribute an article.
Be our welcomed Guest, Get featured like this article.
Write in back to us/ comment in the comment box
1,081 total views, 1 views today